Benefits of using organic fertilizers
10 de November de 2020
Our plants and soils need nutrients for their growth and for good crop yields. These nutrients come mainly from the soil through the roots. Therefore, it is necessary to fertilize the soil with manure.
The eternal question is which one is better; use organic fertilizers or chemical fertilizers. Considering this situation, in this article, we are going to show the many advantages of using organic fertilizers over chemical fertilizers.
The main characteristics in favor of ecological fertilizers are:
- Respect for the environment, this means that they do not transport chemical inputs that could damage the earth and respect ecosystems. While chemical fertilizers are a quick and effective short-term solution, their use leads to environmental problems such as water pollution, the risk of toxicity or long-term degradation of soil life.
- Organic fertilizers provide a series of necessary nutrients, the main ones being the NPK formula: nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium.
- They improve the structure and properties of the soil, giving it strength, resistance, structure and ventilation. Plus, its ability to absorb water and fix carbon in it also increases positively.
- Its production hardly generates energy expenditure and constitutes a more economical solution.
- It has a regulating effect on soil temperature and prevents excessive evaporation by helping to maintain soil moisture.
- They make it possible to take advantage of organic waste in favor of circular economy.
These benefits are the most important of the many that they contain. Defeder Alcolea, in his path and his efforts to achieve a cleaner planet and healthy and quality food, bets and works to propose the use of ecological fertilizers.