What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer via web pages. They are tools which play an essential role in the provision of many information society services. Among other things, they allow a web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his equipment and, based on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service. offers.
Types of cookies
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: those sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies : those sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through to cookies.
In the case that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification based on how long they stay stored in the customer’s browser, which can be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user is accessing a web page. They are generally used to store information which is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user at one time.
- Persistent cookies: the data is always stored in the terminal and can be consulted and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies depending on the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to browse a web page, platform or application and use the various options or services that exist there.
- Personalization cookies: they allow the user to access the service with certain general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal.
- Analysis cookies: they allow their manager to monitor and analyze the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertisements based on it.
Deactivation and elimination of cookies
You have the possibility to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the Help menu of the browser where you can find instructions. The user can at any time choose the cookies he wishes to use on this site.
You can allow, block, or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/